Saturday, June 11, 2011

Apologies

I would like to apologize for the lack of updates. Its going on 2 and a half weeks now since I have left home and I haven't really gotten a chance to stop and catch my breath! A full update is coming but here is a quick overview of what all has been going on. Training lasted 10 days from May 25th to June 4th and was jam packed with construction, informational and positional sessions. I found out my staff and where I will be stationed about halfway through training and was (and still am) really excited about it! I am on staff in Wyoming County Guyan Valley, West Virginia as the Finance/Supply Coordinator. My center director is Kristen Donovan and my two first years are Stuart Sullivan in the Operations Coordinator position and Jen Armstrong in the Volunteer Coordinator position.
This past week has been Set-Up week, basically the week where we set up our center, find all of our projects and get a feel for the area. It sounds a lot easier than it is when put into one sentence but my lack of updates might show how much free time I actually have. We have found eight awesome projects for our upcoming Week 1 with volunteers and I am really excited to see where they will go! That being said, Volunteers show up tomorrow (technically today)! There is still a lot to be done and I need to get some rest before then or else I would write more. Again I am so sorry for not keeping you guys updated, I know my family has been bugging me to!

Feel free to send me mail and or goodies at;

ASP Guyan Valley Center
Attn: Torre McLain
P.O. Box 455
Brenton, WV 24818

(I promise an in depth update will come when I can stop to catch my breath!)

No comments:

Post a Comment